This three-part article series explains the top 14 benefits of dental implants as a fantastic solution to single and multiple tooth loss, as well as edentulism.
Welcome to the second installment of this three-part article series on the many incredible benefits of dental implants as a teeth replacement solution. In Part 1, we spoke to a panel of dental implant surgeons in Arizona, who presented the following five benefits:
1. Dental implants are permanently anchored in the jawbone, providing patients with fixed, comfortable and non-removable teeth.
2. Dental implants preserve jawbone health, promoting long-term oral health and one’s youthful facial contours.
3. Dental implants have a better cosmetic outcome, giving patients a more beautiful and natural-looking smile.
4. Dental implants improve confidence and self-esteem, which has a dramatic impact upon all aspects of a patient’s life, especially socially.
5. Dental implants improve psychological health and often inspire patients to improve upon other areas of their life.
The 14 Benefits of Dental Implants, Continued…
6. Dental Implants Increase Chewing Function
“Because a patient’s new tooth or teeth are supported by the jawbone, as is the case with natural healthy teeth, they will find it much easier and more comfortable to eat,” explains Sun City dental implant surgeon. “Dentures are supported by the gums, which can make mealtimes a painful experience, since your gums were never intended to help you eat. Dental implants improve bite function and strength and this permits patients to enjoy most of their favorite foods.”
7. Dental Implants Increase Oral Comfort
With your new teeth being supported by the jawbone and not by your gums, which can become inflamed and painful as a result, patients will find that dental implants feel far more natural and comfortable. This also creates a sensation of responsiveness in the mouth – as though you can feel your teeth when you bite down – and this is something removable dentures and similar dental appliances cannot mimic.
8. Dental Implants Improve Speech and Enunciation
“Because your teeth are anchored in your mouth and don’t move and slip around when you talk, you’ll find speech and clear enunciation far easier,” says a Arizona dental implant dentist. “Imagine trying to talk with a bulky plastic set of teeth in your mouth: your speech can become quite muddled. Dentures also have the nasty habit of clicking when you open and close your mouth, so dental implant patients can look forward to clear, concise and confidence speech.”
9. Dental Implants Support Facial Structures to Reduce Prematurely Aged Appearance
When you lose teeth, the supporting jawbone tends to atrophy and waste away. This causes the loss of support of the facial skin, which can sag, sink in and wrinkle as a result. Because dental implant facilitate excellent jawbone health, they maintain good support for the facial structure and tissues, which in turn helps to prevent premature aging.
10. Dental Implants Have a Better Success Rate Than Alternatives
“Single dental implant procedures typically have a 98% success rate, while full mouth reconstruction comes in at 95% over a period of 10 years,” says a Sun City dental implant surgeon. “This is a fantastic success rate for any procedure and, given that implants can also last decades to a lifetime if looked after properly, is without competition from any teeth replacement alternative.”
Stay Tuned for Part 3
Stay tuned for the final installment of this three-part article series to find out about more amazing benefits of dental implant technology.