In this three part article series, we will be explaining everything you need to know about dental implants. We will clarify what they are, how they work, when and why they are necessary. Furthermore we will compare the advantages and benefits that come with dental implants vs. traditional dentures or bridges.
Welcome back to the second article of this three-part series about dental implants. In our first post, we explained what dental implants are as well as what the procedure entails, from your first consultation to your recovery period. In this article, Sun City dentistry professionals will be explaining all the benefits that come with opting for dental implants as your solution to missing teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants: Success Rate
If placed correctly by an experienced specialist, dental implants have a fantastic 98% success rate. The 2% of cases where dental implants have been noted as unsuccessful are almost always due to poor post-operative care, or factors such as negative lifestyle choices (drug abuse, alcohol abuse or smoking), advanced gum disease or chronic illness. It is always advisable that you seek the services of Sun City dentistry professionals who have complete knowledge and expertise in the field of dental implantology.
What Are The Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants come with an incredible range of benefits and advantages:
• Aesthetics: Virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth! Dental implants are used to support a synthetic crown that looks, functions and feels like the real thing.
• Functionality: You will be able to enjoy a strong and natural bite. Dental implants allow patients to enjoy all the food they love to eat, without worrying about hurting themselves or damaging their teeth.
• Permanent Solution: Dental implants are non-removable (permanent), which allows them to function and feel like natural teeth. The fact that they do not rely on neighboring teeth for support, like dental bridges or removable dentures do, is a huge benefit as this is the source of much pain, discomfort and further damage.
• Short and Long Term Oral Health: Dental Implants, being rooted in the jaw, supply the necessary support for the neighboring teeth to remain stable, preventing the entire row of teeth from destabilizing and shifting. On top of this, the implants restore the significant source of motorized stimulus that the missing root used to provide the underlying jawbone. This restores healthy blood flow to the bone tissue, which in turn keeps the bone tissue alive, thus preventing further tooth loss. With dental implants, the risk of infection due to an exposed tooth socket is also minimized.
• Lasting a lifetime: On average, dental implants can have a lifetime of between 20 and 30 years. By following a good standard of oral hygiene accompanied by regular visits to your Sun City dentist, however, they could indeed last a lifetime!
Dental Implants Can Work For Almost Anyone!
For all the reasons mentioned above, dental implants are clearly the best possible solution for patients presenting with missing teeth. No matter how old you are, speak to a dental implants expert in Arizona about your options. Literally thousands of dental implant procedures have been successfully performed on people in their late adulthood, and the incredible and life-changing results have shown that age is not a factor!
Having said this, since the placement of dental implants requires surgery and anesthesia, a detailed medical history will be necessary before proceeding.
Stay Tuned for Part 3
Stay tuned for the final installment of this three part article series, in which we will be answering some final questions relating to dental implants.